Wednesday, January 12, 2011

52 Weeks - Week 1

One of my New Year's resolutions is to take and post at least one photo each week for the entire year.  I know I am already late at posting, but at least the photos were taken within the first week of 2011.

I was on my way out the door to take Peanut out to buy his girlfriend a birthday gift, and when I opened the front door I was greeted by a whole flock of Cedar Waxwings in the crabapple tree in my front garden.  At first I thought they were Blue Jays, but then I realized they were too small and they were a pretty shade of taupe grey with yellow underneath.  And Blue Jays are usually loners, so it would be rare for 25-30 of them to all be in the same tree at once.  I was pretty sure they were Cedar Waxwings, and a quick Google search proved me right.  It was quite a treat!  They are so pretty. :)









1 comment:

Sarah Andrews said...

Nice shots lady! I mean totally gorgeous!!! So glad you are playing along!